FT991in the pipeline

I have just purchased this mac and just found this forum. So I hope I am not out of line. I have an FT991 and I am wondering if there is anything in the works to support this radio?

Hi Robert, I also found this forum after purchasing the FT991A version of your same radio. The forum has been quiet for awhile (that I can tell). I asked your same question many months ago but have not seen any Wizkers support for our Yaesu rig. So, I’m with you… and just wanted to let you know that your question was heard by at least one other interested forum member.
Are there other 991/A users on this forum?

Regards,
John / WA7UAR

Hi! Yes, the software is pretty stable for Elecraft rigs and unfortunately, as much as I wish I could purchase every rig out there, that’s not possible :slight_smile:

That said, I have worked on artwork for a couple of Yaesu radios, and I will add it to the official Wizkers:Radio source on Github. I believe those newer Yaesu radios speak a fairly standard CAT prototol, and they should be not too difficult to control from Wizkers:Radio by looking at other radio drivers in the source. If someone is willing to take that job, I can help out. In all honesty, you need to be very comfortable with javascript programming.

The bar with Wizkers.io is not nearly as high as for most complex javascript software that uses React or Angular, but not a beginner job either.

Let me know!

Ed

Hi Ed, thanks for your response.
I have two options to support you in trying to get your Wizkers product to emulate and utilize a Yaesu FT-991 and FT-991A:

1. I can lend you my rig if we can arrange to get it to you.

2. Perhaps this Yaesu CAT manual can help you determine if something else you already support is close enough to also support the Yaesu:
    http://systemfusion.yaesu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/FT-991_CAT_OM_ENG_1508-C0.pdf

Will this help you any?
Cheers,
John WA7UAR
206 465 6963
jspady at mac dot com

One other thing Ed, if you contact me off this list then I would also like to talk to you about what you might charge to take on the task of integrating the 991/A into Wizkers yourself. If I support you then it might be done more quickly.
Please let me know if this would be something you might be interested in.
Thanks,
John WA7UAR

I haven’t yet heard back from Ed or anyone else about my offer. If anyone else is interested in taking on a software integration of a FT-991(A) and Wizkers then please get in touch with me. Thank you!

Hi! I was traveling over the new year period, sorry for not getting back to you earlier! Stay tuned on support, I will push artwork into the Wizkers source repository this week-end, and will start looking at implementation as I find the time. As you mentioned earlier, the CAT protocol is similar to other Yaesu radios

Hello Ed, don’t know why but I didn’t see this until just now. Do you have any update about the 991/A? Anything I can do from my side?
Regards,
John, Seattle